St Ives RFC are looking for a new Head Coach
These are exciting times for St.Ives RFC. We have secured our long-term future with a new 99 year lease and now look forward to the development of new facilities in the near future. We now focus on our short term future, and following two successful promotions we have returned back to the prestigious Western Counties League.
We are looking to recruit a talented individual who will enjoy working alongside the St. Ives RFC Rugby Management Committee as our Head Coach.
The post is initially a Fixed Term Contract (FTC), for 12 months, with quarterly probationary performance reviews, and the salary for the role is £15K per annum. At the end of this successful period the hope is that the role will be a substantiated year on year as a rolling FTC.
Experience in similar roles although not essential, is preferred. The successful candidate will be someone who can demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills. They must be inclusive, approachable, open-minded with a flexible approach to the development of the role.
The successful applicant must be able to organise their working week autonomously, ensuring prioritisation of training and match fixtures. The successful applicant will be responsible for organising training sessions and match days for both male and female Senior/Junior rugby teams. Motivation of teams and ensuring the provision of Colts rugby are crucial to the success of the role.
Specifically, the role will include:
• Forwards/Backs coach recruitment.
• Player recruitment.
• Delivery of Colts Rugby.
• Support the development of female rugby.
• To be responsible and be present for both senior teams’ training nights (Tues and Thurs) and Friday night (Juniors training). Full commitment to all League and Cup matches.
• Team selections for both male senior teams.
• Support the Junior Chair/Committee and Coaches in an advisory capacity and be visible as a role model to the junior players on home match days.
• Responsibility for role modelling within the Club’s accepted cultural behaviours. Essentially, promoting compassionate leadership, based on confidentiality, dignity, respect, and kindness.
• To continue to develop and implement the affiliations we already have with MHFA/Suicide awareness/Brave Minds charities.
• Liaise closely with the Physio team to identify areas of need across the rugby playing group, helping to implement proactive solutions to help prevent injuries and promote ways of improving areas of physical health such as weight loss and smoking cessation.
Success will not be measured on promotion, but on the delivery of our primary goals:
• Year on year Colts rugby.
• Consistently turning out two senior mens teams.
• Growth of Women’s/Girls rugby.
• Consolidation in Western Counties League.
Closing date is 10/04/2023. Both electronic and postal applications are welcomed to include CV and Expression of Interests (500 words – maximum).
Please send C,V’s and E.O.I’s to:
Chair of Rugby Committee,
St. Ives RFC (Cornwall),
Or email: email@example.com